Wine64?

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+win at mega-nerd.com
Mon Apr 21 02:16:03 CDT 2008

Hi all,

I'm interested in the current state of work towards Wine64, ie
running Win64 binaries on x86_64 Linux machines.

My needs are actually really simple and hence may be a good base
functionality to work towards. I just need to run Win64 binaries
that read stdin, write stdout/stderr and do file I/O using the
standard windows CreateFile/ReadFile/WriteFile/CloseHandle/
SetFilePointer etc functions.

I have found and read this:

    http://wiki.winehq.org/Wine64

but some of that stuff seems rather out-of-date.

When I configure with --enable-win64 it configures fine but then
errors out in widl generated code because of things like this:

    #if !defined(__RPC_WIN32__)
    #error Currently only Wine and WIN32 are supported.
    #endif

So, is anybody working on Wine64 stuff? Is there a Wine64 TODO list?
Any way for me to get involved?

Cheers,
Erik
Erik de Castro Lopo