Wine64?

Maarten Lankhorst m.b.lankhorst at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 16:57:01 CDT 2008

Hello Erik,

2008/4/21, Erik de Castro Lopo <mle+win at mega-nerd.com>:
> Hi all,
>
>  I'm interested in the current state of work towards Wine64, ie
>  running Win64 binaries on x86_64 Linux machines.
>
>  My needs are actually really simple and hence may be a good base
>  functionality to work towards. I just need to run Win64 binaries
>  that read stdin, write stdout/stderr and do file I/O using the
>  standard windows CreateFile/ReadFile/WriteFile/CloseHandle/
>  SetFilePointer etc functions.
>
>  I have found and read this:
>
>     http://wiki.winehq.org/Wine64
>
>  but some of that stuff seems rather out-of-date.
>
>  When I configure with --enable-win64 it configures fine but then
>  errors out in widl generated code because of things like this:
>
>     #if !defined(__RPC_WIN32__)
>     #error Currently only Wine and WIN32 are supported.
>     #endif
>
>  So, is anybody working on Wine64 stuff? Is there a Wine64 TODO list?
>  Any way for me to get involved?
A lot of the lowest level stuff is currently missing. If you don't
mind x64 assembly it's not impossible to do. We would need support
from gcc for the windows calling convention, and making it possible to
mix linux calling convention with windows calling convention. If you
are up to it just make it ignore the error for now, even if it causes
errors. A proof of concept "Hello, world!" would be a great
accomplishment at this point.

Cheers,
Maarten.