winehq.org redesign

Reece Dunn msclrhd at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 22 04:07:10 CDT 2008

2008/4/21 Evgeny Burzak <buzzilo at gmail.com>:
> Hello all,
>  some times ago I make design for AppDB  (http://buzz.ulx.ru/pf/appdb.png). Folks was  delighted with this one, but managers rejected my idea due to needs redesign everything then.
>  But now it may be more actual then ever owing to Wine 1.0 release? I think it may gain attention from professionals who wants to use wine in production environment and improve Wine.
>  I can make design for main pages, xml/xslt template and probably base php5 clasess if you decide to change site engine.

I personally like it overall and agree that this makes sense for a
Wine 1.0 release.

Comments:

*  There is no default screenshot of applications shown in your
mockup, as they are in the current appdb.

*  It would also be nice if the website could retain its red colour theme.

*  I don't really like the coloured boxes on the Wine image, but I do
like the 3D wine bottle. It would look better if you did away with the
squares and shifted the logo to the left.

*  The CodeWeavers logo should remain as is. Also, since CodeWeavers
are hosting WineHQ I don't see why it should have the 'advertisement'
label.

- Reece