1.0 idea - ntdll - add a messagebox for missing dlls

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Thu Apr 24 04:50:04 CDT 2008

On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 2:36 AM, Alexandre Julliard <julliard at winehq.org> wrote:
>  You certainly don't want to call through explorer for that, showing a
>  message box directly is fine.

Well, that's easier :-)

> You have to be careful to only do it when

Yeah, I guess some apps tolerate missing DLLs by loading them manually.
We'll miss a few problems (e.g. apps that delay-load but can't handle
the missing dll) but that's ok.

> also you have to properly handle the case of a missing X display

right, and just not call MessageBox.

Hmm, ideally we would send them to a web page that gave
information tailored to the dll in question, but a MessageBox is
good enough for 1.0.