1.0 idea - ntdll - add a messagebox for missing dlls

Steven Edwards winehacker at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 09:55:53 CDT 2008

On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 5:36 AM, Alexandre Julliard <julliard at winehq.org> wrote:
>  You certainly don't want to call through explorer for that, showing a
>  message box directly is fine. You have to be careful to only do it when
>  properly handle the case of a missing X display.

OK so is doing this in ntdll even the right case? I don't really see
where to do it only from the main exe. I understand we don't want to
report the error if the application is manually doing a
GetProcAddress/LoadLibrary but again don't really know how to limit
it. Here is my stab #2, it actually returns something sane to the
user.

--
Steven Edwards