1.0 idea - ntdll - add a messagebox for missing dlls

Steven Edwards winehacker at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 02:51:43 CDT 2008

On Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 9:19 AM, Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com> wrote:
>  2. You never clear that environment variable... what happens
>  when an app just tests for the existence of a DLL by
>  trying to load it?  We don't want to print an error then.
>  (That's why I originally suggested clearing the env var
>  after the app finished loading.  That's still broken -- it
>  won't catch errors in helper exes -- but it's better than nothing.)

I assume you mean if the application is just checking manually for the
dll via GetModuleHandle or LoadLibrary? I'll write a test case for
this to see if it causes a problem. My assumption was that the failure
case for that was at a higher level but I'll check with a test case. I
don't think we need to clear the variable....what I mean is I wonder
if there is a way to set the variable to be inherited by all child
processes launched by start.exe.so in unix mode. I'll look in to this
as well.

--
Steven Edwards