1.0 idea - ntdll - add a messagebox for missing dlls

Steven Edwards winehacker at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 12:15:25 CDT 2008

On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 11:52 AM, Peter Beutner <p.beutner at gmx.net> wrote:
>  So clearing the env variable would be the correct thing. But still not
> entirely
>  satisfying as mentioned above by Dan.
>
>  I just tried to solve it differently, doing it entirely in ntdll.
>  (and probably you could even do it without using a global variable)
>  It certainly avoids all that pain dealing with environment variables ;).
>
>  Not really heavily tested, but I think it works.

I think your patch is better than mine in that the message box is more
verbose but we still want the console ERR to print first and the
MessageBox error to only show up from applications started with
start.exe.so in Unix mode. I'll combine my patch with yours and send
it along for further comment from Alexandre.

--
Steven Edwards