[1/7] WineD3D: use the window size as drawable size

Stefan Dösinger stefan at codeweavers.com
Fri Aug 1 09:48:07 CDT 2008

> > +        LEAVE_GL();
> >          target->get_drawable_size(target, &width, &height);
> > +        ENTER_GL();
>
> That's ugly, the lock isn't even entered in that function. Can we
> please
> start to clean up the ENTER_GL mess to only grab the lock around GL
> calls and not over huge amounts of code including nested functions?
Actually the problem with patch 2 made me unsure if using the Window size here is correct at all.

To stay on topic though, I oppose moving the lock into every state handler. There are just the scissorrect and viewport functions that may have to perform User32 calls(if the patch turns out to be correct). Moving the lock call into the state handlers would pollute the code with them and raise the locking costs considerably.