winetest sometimes shows 'crashed' and sometimes 'timeout'

Paul Vriens paul.vriens.wine at gmail.com
Sun Aug 3 12:50:42 CDT 2008

Hi,

A few months ago I mentioned the fact that due to some issues with old
kernel32/debugger tests there were some leftovers in the registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AeDebug
  (contains 'Debugger' which points to kernel32_test.exe)

I have a feeling that on systems where this AeDebug contains normal debugger
information we sometimes see 'crashed' whereas we see 'timeout' when the key
still contains our own entry.

Can anybody confirm this finding?

What I'm actually looking for is people having a look at that registry key to
see the contents. If it's indeed something containing "kernel32_test.exe" I'd
like to hear about it (preferably with the tag they have used for the winetest run).

One way to fix this registry key is to run 'drwtsn32 -i'. This of course
restores the basic dr watson entry and not some specific debug program that was
there before.

--
Cheers,

Paul.