DIB engine status

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Mon Aug 4 03:23:34 CDT 2008

On Fri, 1 Aug 2008, Huw Davies wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> Here's an update on the DIB engine that I've been working on for the
> last few months.

An important thing to note about this work is that its architecture
should be acceptable to Alexandre. So it can go into WineHQ, the only
blocker being that it's not quite complete enough yet.

So that leads to the most important question:

   what's needed to allow it to go into WineHQ?

Blitting I guess. Everything else in the list below?
Can we avoid having to implement everything before we can commit it?

[...]
> What needs to be done
> =====================
> - Blitting (eg BitBlt, StretchBlt and StretchDIBits) - I have some
>   hacks for these in my tree.
>
> - ExtTextOut
>
> - Many more GDI32 apis - a lot of these should be easy given that we
>   have a set of underlying dib drawing primitives.
>
> - Non-MM_TEXT mapping modes and world transforms.
>
> - The initial interaction with GDI32 in BITMAP_SelectObject is hacky
>   and needs some work.
>
> - Lots more...

                            1 + e ^ ( i * pi ) = 0