Patch checking robot coming

Francois Gouget fgouget at
Mon Aug 4 04:07:53 CDT 2008

On Sat, 2 Aug 2008, Dan Kegel wrote:
> Question: where should the results go?
> I could put them up on a web site
> and/or email them to the patch's author
> and/or email them to a dedicated mailing list (e.g.
> wine-patches-buildlogs at
> and/or email them to wine-devel.

I'd send the results to:
 * a website so everyone can see the status of each patch and how
   backlogged the bot is (especially when people send a series of 30
   patches at once).
 * to Alexandre to use as a replacement for wine-patches so he'd have
   more information about each patch.
 * to the submitter but only when the checks failed.
   The website could potentially let you tune this in your preferences
   (never receive any email, receive both success and failure).

A dedicated mailing list could work too but I'm not sure there's really
a point.

Submitters are just interested in their patches and it seems easier to
find out about their status directly via email, or by looking on the

The dedicated mailing list could be useful to reviewers in that it would
let them focus on just the patches that have been vetted by the bot. But
I'm not sure that would be such a good thing. The other submitters may
need guidance too...

Francois Gouget <fgouget at>
                     Linux: the choice of a GNU generation