Patch checking robot coming

Ambroz Bizjak ambro at b4ever.net
Tue Aug 5 08:50:10 CDT 2008

I've written some code for the chroot, though it has proven to be harder
than I taught it would, especially because of all the development tools
and libraries that need to be copied into the chroot.
Right now it will only work on Gentoo, other distributions will require
some fine-tuning of paths, especially the toolchain. Dan, if you tell me
which distro you use, I'll try to get it working there as well.

To use it, you first need a second user in the system (not the one you're
using!) that has read-access to files you create with default permissions
(but no write access). Specify that user in the file "config" and run
"patchwatcher.sh initialize_chroot". If everything goes well you will be
able to get a shell inside the chroot with "patchwatcher.sh chroot-shell"
or "patchwatcher.sh chroot-shell-owner" after running some commands
displayed as root.
After having a working chroot, use the initialize_tree command to setup
the wine source (it's inside the chroot), and the "run" option to start
continuous building.