Is Wine portable to ARM arch?

Juan Lang juan.lang at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 12:58:22 CDT 2008

>>>If no then are there any plans for multiplatform code in Wine?
>> NO!  Even MacOSX specific code is not allowed
>
> Is there an FAQ that explains why this is so?

I don't think this statement is accurate.  The problem is
"multiplatform" is ambiguous.  If a "platform" is an operating system,
multiplatform code is certainly allowed in Wine, though portable code
is preferred to OS-specific code whenever possible.  If a "platform"
is a CPU, then with the exception of x86, assembly is not allowed, as
there are so few non-x86 Windows binaries that this is essentially
worthless.  Similarly, the goal of Wine is _not_ to emulate the x86
CPU, so such emulation code is likewise not allowed in Wine.
--Juan