dplayx tests hanging

Ismael Barros razielmine at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 11:17:58 CDT 2008

On 8/11/08, Kai Blin <kai.blin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sunday 10 August 2008 18:34:02 Dan Kegel wrote:
>
>> http://test.winehq.org/data/tests/dplayx:dplayx.html
>> Since your commits on the 4th of Aug, the dplayx tests have been hanging.
>> This is getting in the way of my regression testing.
>
> I've toyed with the tests a little and the following tests took over 30s to
> finish:
>
> test_Open() 49s
> test_EnumSessions() 180s
> test_CreatePlayer() 32s
> test_GetPlayerAccount() 63s, also 1 test failure on XP
>
> A bunch of other tests took > 20s, and test_GetPlayerAddress() had 7
> failures.
> Incidently, all tests that took over 20 seconds took around 23 seconds,
> which
> smells like some fixed timeout.

That's probably the main problem, as there's no network latency (all
the messages are sent to localhost) or cpu intensive operation.
Actually the thread stuff is a very good idea, I'll take a look. I
already tried changing the default timeout for EnumSessions, and on XP
the whole test set changed from 7 to 4 minutes, but with a lot of
failures.

And thanks for the info, what did you use to time the tests? Also,
could you send me the log of the failed tests? They all work on my XP.