dplayx tests hanging

Ismael Barros razielmine at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 13:27:27 CDT 2008

On 8/11/08, Kai Blin <kai.blin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Monday 11 August 2008 18:17:58 Ismael Barros wrote:
>> That's probably the main problem, as there's no network latency (all
>> the messages are sent to localhost) or cpu intensive operation.
>> Actually the thread stuff is a very good idea, I'll take a look. I
>> already tried changing the default timeout for EnumSessions, and on XP
>> the whole test set changed from 7 to 4 minutes, but with a lot of
>> failures.
>
> What kind of failures?

A lot of tests failed for no obvious reason. I can start trying bigger
timeouts to see if all the tests start working again, but it's
difficult to make sure that'll work on every system...

>> And thanks for the info, what did you use to time the tests? Also,
>> could you send me the log of the failed tests? They all work on my XP.
>
> Henri pointed me at "timeit" from the Win2k3 ressource kit at
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=9d467a69-57ff-4ae7-96ee-b18c4790cffd&displaylang=en
>
> I just ran one test at a time and noted the time the test ran. Attached is
> the

Godsend, I've been looking for a similar app but fallbacked to my
phone's chronometer.

> output of the unmodified dplayx tests, running on a vanilla WinXP
> ProfessionalN SP2 box, without any extra dx runtime installed.

My system is the same but with debug dx libraries.
I'll probably remove those tests, they are too intensive (checking the
size of received messages and suchlike), and it's funny that the
GetPlayerAccount() takes a minute, it's actually a stub because that
function only works with secure sessions and I still didn't manage to
get them working (and they probably aren't even important for the 99%
of the games)