[TRY 2] Add tests for checking the parent notification for editcontrol

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at codeweavers.com
Tue Aug 12 04:26:39 CDT 2008

"Ilya Shpigor" <shpigor at etersoft.ru> wrote:

> - /* why do we notify to es->hwndParent, and we send this one to GetParent()? */
> + /* All notifies are send to es->hwndParent
> +  * except the WM_CTLCOLORSTATIC and WM_CTLCOLOREDIT.
> +  * Its are send to the current parent.
> +  */
>          hbrush = (HBRUSH)SendMessageW(GetParent(es->hwndSelf), msg, (WPARAM)hdc, (LPARAM)es->hwndSelf);
>          if (!hbrush)
>              hbrush = (HBRUSH)DefWindowProcW(GetParent(es->hwndSelf), msg, (WPARAM)hdc, (LPARAM)es->hwndSelf);

My question regarding this part left unanswered. Are there the tests
confirming your statement in the comment? Also, please avoid adding
not related message tests. If you are trying to show which parent
receives the notification you need to create your own parent window
procs or somehow tell an existing one to mark the notifications, so that
it would be easy to distinguish the source of a notification.

--
Dmitry.