patchwatcher online

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Tue Aug 12 12:45:51 CDT 2008

On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 10:29 AM, Reece Dunn <msclrhd at googlemail.com> wrote:
> I use GMail to do something similar - tag mail I send to wine-patches
> with a 'wine-tracking' label, as well as the 'wine-patches' label it
> gets from the mailing list filter I have. This allows me to see all
> active patches I currently have. Once Alexandre commits them, I
> manually remove the 'wine-tracking' label; similarly if there are
> comments on it that mean I need to provide a revised patch.

Potentially patchwatcher could monitor wine-devel for replies
to the patch.   The other patch monitoring systems out
there do something similar; see
http://bundlebuggy.aaronbentley.com/ and
http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/linuxppc/

> Where patchwatcher would be useful is to know whether Alexandre has
> looked at the patch yet (no more "dly" on #winehackers) and has
> rejected it - hopefully with comments as to why!

Yes, but that's harder than:

> It should also help catch the patches that do not apply, or cause
> regressions in the tests, which should help Alexandre.

which is my primary goal.

> It will also mean that patches are not lost in a flood
> (e.g. coming back off holiday).

Perhaps, if it becomes a real workflow application,
but resubmitting fresh patches is often required
anyway...
- Dan