New kernel development guide might be good model for Wine...

James Hawkins truiken at gmail.com
Sun Aug 17 23:57:05 CDT 2008

On Sun, Aug 17, 2008 at 11:45 PM, Hongbo Ni <hongbo_ni at hotmail.com> wrote:
> "Dan Kegel" > wrote: > This guide seems rather well written: >
> http://ldn.linuxfoundation.org/how-participate-linux-community > Wine could
> probably use something similar. YES, the Wine development speed can be
> greatly improved if similar development process is adepted, specially the
> 'Chain of Commands'. I am sure that Alexandre has done a great job as the
> Wine maintainer, but he may be stressed out when he come back from his
> holiday as there are pile of patches awaiting him to review and commit.
> Hongbo Ni

I don't believe that was Dan's intention when he referred to that
document.  Dan is saying that the overall format of the document is
helpful, and we should write our own version of it that matches the
Wine development process.

We can always use more help, but for the developers we do have, we're
developing at a speedy pace.  Also, Julliard hasn't had trouble
scaling with the pace of development so far.  We just need to write
down this process in words in order to reduce the learning curve that
keeps developers away from successful Wine development.

--
James Hawkins