Incidental patch cleaning?

Rob Shearman robertshearman at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 12:13:21 CDT 2008

Hi Andrew,

2008/8/19 Andrew Talbot <andrew.talbot at talbotville.com>:
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to sneak in a bit of patch cleaning within the new software? It would be useful to incidentally remove any trailing white space that happens to exist within the scope of a patch.

Patchwatcher currently only looks at patches going to the mailing list
and Alexandre still gets the patches from the mailing list. To do as
you suggest would mean making Patchwatcher a filter before the mailing
list and make it change the patches. I don't think this is a good idea
because then what a developer sends isn't necessarily exactly the same
as what everyone else receives.

Besides, I think the git tools allow filtering of trailing whitespace
for patches being applied and I think Alexandre does this.

--
Rob Shearman