dinput: Add mouse warp override config option (resend)

Roderick Colenbrander thunderbird2k at gmx.net
Tue Aug 19 16:09:55 CDT 2008

Hi,

Two days ago I spoke with xorg devs (Peter Hutterer / Daniel Stone) in #xorg-devel. In short Xorg 7.5 (guess that will be out during spring next year) will feature Xinput2. Xinput2 is on the drawing table now and one of its features will be relative mouse movement. It is an important feature which I believe they also need for mouse tablets. They aren't yet sure on how it will work but one of the ideas is to extend the current events with relative mouse coordinates OR to add an ability to receive one of both.

In the current Xorg (7.3) it is possible to open the core pointer / keyboard as Xinput devices. Though you can't receive events from them. They said that the originating devices do generate events and that using DEVICE_CORE you can match them to the core devices or something like that.

They aren't very happy with the Xorg 7.3 code (the core pointer / keyboard stuff) and recommend to use the current GIT version or to wait for Xorg 7.4.

I don't know any experience with input on X, so I don't know if the current code is already enough for Wine but I fear we need to wait for Xinput2.

Regards,
Roderick