kernel32: Tiny improvement to the GetVolumePathNameW stub (try 4)

Michael Karcher wine at mkarcher.dialup.fu-berlin.de
Thu Aug 21 17:40:44 CDT 2008

Am Donnerstag, den 21.08.2008, 17:35 -0500 schrieb John Klehm:
> On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 4:35 PM, Michael Karcher
> <wine at mkarcher.dialup.fu-berlin.de> wrote:
> > page, stating that
> >  lstrcpyn(dest,"abcdefghi",4)
> > puts "abc" into dest.
> Seems like Wine's version at least always null terminates it, so
> "abc\0".
Sorry if my words were unclear. With "abc" I meant the C language string
consisting of the letters 'a', 'b' and 'c', which by definition also has
a terminating NUL byte. lstrcpyn does *always* zero terminate the string
if the memory is accessible. According to MSDN it catches write faults
using SEH, and returns an error code. Only in this case the output could
be unterminated.

Regards,
  Michael Karcher