Spore patch to fix UI and Part descriptions

Rico Schüller kgbricola at web.de
Fri Aug 22 13:46:52 CDT 2008

Andrew Fenn schrieb:
> I made a new patch this time including a test.
>
> I put in some extra checking in SetScissorRect making sure that if
> rect was null or it was an invalid rectangle that it was returned as
> invalid as it should be.
>
> I'm not able to do a test on windows so if anyone does one please let
> me know if there are any problems. Also please tell me if you spot any
> problems with this patch.
>
> Thanks,
> Andrew

> +    RECT rect = {0, 0, 0, 0};
> +    hr = IDirect3DDevice9_SetScissorRect(device, &rect);
> +    ok(hr == D3DERR_INVALIDCALL, "Expected D3DERR_INVALIDCALL, got %08x\n",  hr);
Sorry that I led you in the wrong direction but these tests didn't pass
on windows! Also please read the comment to the bug, where I attached my
patch. My suggestion which I made there isn't true! The real background
is that wine sets the default scissor rect to {0,0,0,0} but on windows
it is set to another size, I have written a patch for that, but it looks
like there is something incomplete (see
http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-patches/2008-August/059891.html ).
When the game is starting it retrieves the initial value with
GetScissorRect which is in wine the null-rect. And so nothing is
rendered to the screen.

Cheers
Rico