winetricks: add ie6 verb

Detlef Riekenberg wine.dev at web.de
Sat Aug 23 10:02:37 CDT 2008

On Mo, 2008-08-18 at 13:11 -0400, Steven Edwards wrote:

> +load_ie6() {
Nice Idea.

> +    # Installing Core Fonts"
> +    load_corefonts
Which Font is required (please fill bug reports)
Which Font is optional?

> +    # Installing Richedit 2.0 Library"
> +    load_riched20
What is needed in the builtin version?
Please fill bug reports.

> +    # Installing Richedit 3.0 Library"
> +    load_riched30
> +    # Installing Microsoft Line Services"
> +    load_msls31
Hm. Not present in Wine yet.

> +
> +    # Change the override to the native so we are sure we use and
> register them
> +    override_dlls native,builtin
>  itircl itss mlang msimtf riched20 riched32 shdoclc shlwapi urlmon
Do you need the override for Installation or for running IE6?
What is needed in the builtin versions?
Please fill bug reports.

> +    # Remove the fake dlls from the existing WINEPREFIX
> +    mv $WINEPREFIX/drive_c/"Program Files"/"Internet
> Explorer"/iexplore.exe $WINEPREFIX/drive_c/"Program Files"/"Internet
> Explorer"/iexplore.exe.bak
That's wrong for every Language != english.
What you need is already there: "$programfilesdir_unix"

> +    # Work around DLL registration bug
> +    cd $WINEPREFIX/drive_c/windows/system32/
> +    for i in *.dll *.ocx; do regsvr32 /i $i; done
Which dll/ocx need this?
Is this a Wine bug (please fill bug reports) or an IE bug?
For most files in this directory, your code is wrong.
Your code depends on the case of the extensions.

--
By by ... Detlef