[10/10] WineD3D: Sort out some limit confusion

Stefan Dösinger stefan at codeweavers.com
Sun Aug 24 11:48:25 CDT 2008

> Ok, I wasn't sure. Wrt arbfp though, it should report 8 for
> max_textures in that case, because that's how much simultaneous
> textures d3d can address. max_textures, max_texture_stages, etc. are
> the limits for what our d3d implementation can do, not GL.
No, I don't think so. Even if we're using ARBfp, calling a glEnable(GL_TEXTURE_2D) in texture unit 5 is not valid on e.g. nvidia cards. So we can't put the arbfp limit into the glinfo->max_textures member.

In some places, e.g. the texture unit mapping code, we want to use the pipeline implementation limit instead of the opengl fixed function limit. I have a different patch doing that.

I'll look at your other points later today, I don't have a quick answer for them right now.