[10/10] WineD3D: Sort out some limit confusion

Stefan Dösinger stefan at codeweavers.com
Sun Aug 24 13:44:45 CDT 2008

> Sure, but there should be no reason to make that call either. In
> pretty much every place GL_LIMITS(textures) is used, it would either
> need to be replaced with the fragment pipe implementation based limit
> or not be executed at all (eg. code that calls glTexEnvf or creates
> dummy textures really doesn't need to be executed when using arbfp).
> The only possible exception is SetupForBlit(), but I'm tempted to say
> we shouldn't be using that either when shaders are available. It's a
> pretty minor point though, and I'm not necessarily opposed to a
> separate fragment pipe based limit.
Yes, we can eliminate those calls, and currently SetupForBlit and the dummy textures are the only remaining cases. However, I prefer to keep all the limits in the structures, since replacing them based on the pipeline implementation will be messy.

In the end I think "Why is this code reading the wrong limit" is easier to debug than "Why does this limit contain the wrong value"