improvement to patchwatcher

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Tue Aug 26 15:38:49 CDT 2008

On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 1:28 PM, Vijay Kiran Kamuju <infyquest at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is it possible to add column to the patchwatcher, whether the patch
> has been rejected/accepted/pending into git.

Maybe.   I could probably recognize cases like
http://kegel.com/wine/patchwatcher/results/358.log
and say "probably already in git".

But monitoring older patches and rechecking them every
time there's a new git seems a bit challenging.  I guess
for each such patch (series), I could patch them against
old git, commit, merge, and see if they're still there.
Or maybe guilt can make this easier.
This is beyond the scope of what I want to look at right
now, but if somebody could give me a recipe, maybe.

> Also please skip the mail entries if they do have "Re:" in the subject
> and do not have any patch.
> Mark the corresponding patch to rejected/needs more work.

There's two issues there: what to do about replies mistakenly
sent to wine-patches (how come so many people do this?),
and what to do about replies sent to wine-devel.
For the latter, I plan eventually to monitor wine-devel for
replies, and on the dashboard have a link to the first reply.
(That won't work too well when people like me break threading...)
- Dan