lsb package for wine thoughts

Steven Edwards winehacker at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 21:17:21 CDT 2008

On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 6:28 PM, Henri Verbeet <hverbeet at gmail.com> wrote:
> For what it's worth, I've actually got part of a schannel
> implementation on top of gnutls. (Most of gnutls is LGPL, but eg. the
> OpenSSL compatibility is GPL)

If you mean OpenSSL is GPL compatible this is wrong. It has a BSD
style advertising clause. If you search the wine-devel archives I have
brought this issue up before as a GPL/LGPL incompatibility.
Technically its still LGPL compatible as you can link LGPL with
anything but it invalidates the GPL compatibility section if you build
your winelib applications with OpenSSL enabled wininet. This is a
minor issue for the ReactOS guys and as such is one we would like to
see fixed rather than having to fork so +1 on moving to NSS or GNU
TLS.

--
Steven Edwards