What does patchwatcher do?

Rico Schüller kgbricola at web.de
Sat Aug 30 04:13:16 CDT 2008

Dan Kegel schrieb:
> On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 1:42 PM, Rico Schüller <kgbricola at web.de> wrote:
>
>> some days ago I've send a patch which broke some other tests, see
>> http://www.kegel.com/wine/patchwatcher/results/274.txt .  But this test got
>> a "conformance test ok".
>> I think patchwatcher should also mark patches as bad when they let crash
>> other tests.
>>

> The full run log from that patch is at
> http://kegel.com/wine/patchwatcher/results/274.log
> Which of the test failures in there should have triggered a 'bad patch' result?
>
> patchwatcher does a full 'make test' and looks for new test failures,
> so it's doing what you ask.  The only wrinkle is that it has a blacklist
> of flaky tests, see
> http://code.google.com/p/winezeug/source/browse/trunk/patchwatcher/patchwatcher.sh#63
> Is the test failure you're talking about on that blacklist?
> If so, patchwatcher will ignore it, as I've found the tests to be
> unreliable.
>
> It's possible that the low-end nvidia motherboard graphics on
> the machine running patchwatcher contributed to this flakyness.
> I'm moving patchwatcher to a faster machine with a better
> nvidia card at the moment, perhaps that will let me shorten
> the blacklist.
> - Dan

My patch let the ddraw:d3d.c crash on wine (search for "0x60e52ad9
IWineD3DBaseSwapChainImpl_GetBackBuffer" in the log
(http://kegel.com/wine/patchwatcher/results/274.log)). So it isn't in
the blacklist and shouldn't be there. The problem here is that my patch
breaks the test (the test crashes) but the patchwatcher didn't recognize it.

Cheers
Rico