patch for gdi32

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Wed Dec 3 17:50:56 CST 2008

On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 3:38 PM, Xiangrong Fang <xrfang at gmail.com> wrote:
> It is indeed bug #4065.  I read the info there, although I don't fully
> understand every bit information there, but that is marked as FIXED
> and CLOSED?? As far as I know, this is NOT fixed yet, and it affect a
> HUGE amount of Chinese applications, those applications are otherwise
> perfectly supported by wine.

I think 4065 was closed because we found what seemed to
be an acceptable way to get that particular app (Picasa) working.

> A very good progress in this area is
> that I found Chinese text are more properly auto-wrapped in recent
> Wine releases, which is excellent.

We are very interested in providing excellent Asian language
support.  We can use all the help we can get, though, as
few Wine developers speak any Asian languages well.

> About this issue, shall I submit discussion in #4065 or open a new
> bug?  (I need to upload some screenshots to illustrate the problem --
> this is NOT a missing font problem as discussed).

Please open a new bug.  If possible, include source code
for a small noninteractive program that demonstrates
the problem.  e.g. a C program that displays a single character
that is wrong in wine but right in windows.

> BTW, for these discussions, shall I use wine-devel or wine-patch?

All discussions go to wine-devel.   When replying to a message
on wine-patches, please change the destination to wine-devel.
- Dan