explorer: improve ABM_GETTASKBARPOS stub

Vincent Povirk madewokherd+8cd9 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 7 09:49:06 CST 2008

I'll assume you mean something like this:

1. Look for a difference between the workarea bottom and the screen
bottom. If there is one, assume the taskbar is there.
2. Check the other sides similarly.
3. If workarea == screen rect, lie.

That will often be wrong, and there's no clear benefit to doing that
over lieing consistently. The one program I know of that relies on
ABM_GETTASKBARPOS, rapid uploader, apparently worked fine when it was
an alias of GetWindowRect (which is completely braindead). I cannot
think of any legitimate use for the information returned by this api.

Vincent Povirk