WineHQ redesign

Branan Riley branan at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 12:17:05 CST 2008

On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 9:57 AM, Jeremy Newman <jnewman at codeweavers.com> wrote:
> I have posted a working copy of the new website here:
>
> http://wine.codeweavers.com/winehq_new/
>
> -Newman

I've got lots of vertical space, but the page is using short white
boxes with scrollbars. This is IE7 on Windows Vista. Looks like there
a few layout issues with IE, actually:

* Google box is below the search label, overlapping releases box
* Releases box isn't tall enough to show both releases. (intentional?)
* Text for buttons along top is much larger than the button boxes

 I'd expect many people looking to switch to Linux might be looking at
how well Wine works before doing so, so having good IE support is
important. (I never thought I'd advocate fixing a page to work with
broken IE *sighs*)

screenshot: http://img152.imageshack.us/my.php?image=winehqtr4.jpg

-Branan