Canonical and wine

Kai Blin kai.blin at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 13:32:51 CST 2008

On Wednesday 10 December 2008 19:09:16 Dan Kegel wrote:
> http://www.technewsworld.com/rsstory/65431.html
> quotes Gerry Carr, marketing manager at Canonical:
> "We aren't considering a pitch about using Wine or Parallels like on a
> Mac. There is no real look at Wine. It doesn't always work well. So
> this won't win over users to the benefits of Linux,"
>
> So there you go.  Canonical will think about Wine once it always works
> well.

Sure. because only 'hardcore Linux users' use Wine. That's just what I see
every day when I look into #winehq. Hardcore Linux users who never need help
with the basic questions of compiling Wine from source or updating to the
latest Wine release, but who are stopped from running their games^Wprograms
by Wine.

Excuse me while I rush out to catch one of these flying pigs,
Kai

--
Kai Blin
WorldForge developer  http://www.worldforge.org/