Canonical and wine

Austin English austinenglish at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 12:34:58 CST 2008

On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 11:52 AM, Steven Edwards <winehacker at gmail.com> wrote:
> Lets say an application is known as gold or whatever in appdb.
> Assuming a known good version of Wine is listed and the proper dependances
> are met, it should be possible to automate generation of the packages.

I think you have a bit too much faith in the AppDB. If I had a nickel
for every times I've seen platinum and gold ratings for apps that had
dozens of native dlls or complicated scripts to work around wine bugs,
I'd be a much richer man.

I know that this wouldn't be used for a lot of apps, just really
popular ones that (assumedly) at least a few developers have
used/verified, but worth pointing out nonetheless.

--
-Austin