Bugfix-patches for dlls/comdlg32/filedlg.c

Paul Vriens paul.vriens.wine at gmail.com
Sat Dec 13 13:04:59 CST 2008

Elias wrote:
> - Fix for bugzilla bug 16332
> crash in file dialog if the previous selected folder is deleted
>
> No checking was done on the selected initial directory for the
> open-file dialog, which resulted in a stack overflow if the directory
> was not present.
>
> - Prevent free on NULL values
> A typo made the CommDlg32 leak memory and potenially free NULL values.
> Checks added/changed in two places.

Hi,

Apart from the remark that Austin made about the 'only one patch per
e-mail" I think the part about the 'free on NULL values' can be improved.

MemFree is a wrapper around HeapFree and there is no need to check for
NULL when calling HeapFree. So it's better to get rid of the whole if()
altogether (and correctly indent the MemFree of course).

--
Cheers,

Paul.