Wine64 hello world app runs!

Maarten Lankhorst m.b.lankhorst at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 03:16:12 CST 2008

Hi Zach,

Zachary Goldberg schreef:
> 2008/12/5 Maarten Lankhorst <m.b.lankhorst at gmail.com>:

> So 9 days, a WWN article, and a Slashdot article this story's gotten a
> lot of press.  I know we've talked a bit offline Maarten about this
> but would you perhaps have any other updates for readers at large?  I
> know you've been mentioning a bit about getting +relay to work and
> messing with some intricacies in the AMD64 instructions.

Kai Tietz and I have been working on squashing all gcc related bugs. Now
that they are gone I'm moving on to other stuff. Right now I want to
have +relay working so that debugging will be a bit easier to do. If
this works then I will need to work on exception handling and moving
menus to wineserver. I will also need to talk with AJ some more about
what he exactly wants from wineserver for 64-bits compatibility. There's
enough to do without even worrying about the WoW64 stuff, so more help
is of course welcome. :)

Cheers,
Maarten.