wine-1.2 release criteria?

Massimo Del Fedele max at veneto.com
Mon Dec 15 13:27:54 CST 2008

Reece Dunn ha scritto:
> 2008/12/15 Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com>:
>
>> - DIB Engine
>> As mentioned in
>> http://www.winehq.org/wwn/354#Another%20shot%20at%20a%20DIB%20Engine
>> Massimo picked up Jesse's DIB engine code and has been trying to
>> use it with Autocad.  He says he's starting to get fonts working.
>> (It's surprising that he chose Jesse's 2007 implementation
>> rather than Huw's 2008 implementation, but he said Jesse's
>> seemed more usable at the moment, even though Huw's
>> looked better in some ways).
>
> What is the status of these? As far as I can tell, there are a few
> changes that could be merged into wine proper, without pulling in the
> respective DIB engines:
>
> Huw -- gdi32: The dib colour table should always have 1 << bpp entries
> (for bpp <= 8).
>     http://repo.or.cz/w/wine/dibeng-hd.git?a=commitdiff;h=4c9188ee5e8c56aa0fb5719973663ac304ed994e
>
> Huw -- gdi32: Don't use biSizeImage for a BI_BITFIELDS dib.
>     http://repo.or.cz/w/wine/dibeng-hd.git?a=commitdiff;h=892bd17b188f8afa2303030e297a54ae1221190b
>
> Jesse -- gdi32: Keep physDevs consistent to driver in Blt calls
>     http://repo.or.cz/w/wine/dibdrv.git?a=commitdiff;h=754f91a30771a76e4704397f387d355a7fd06386
>
> Jesse -- gdi32: Pass color table to drivers with SelectBitmap
>     http://repo.or.cz/w/wine/dibdrv.git?a=commitdiff;h=9b60e63fd31877c7350c757bf4e005eb81f658e2
>
> From there, it depends on whether Huw's approach, Jesse's approach or
> some other approach is the way to go. It would be useful to try and
> get the 'core' DIB engine architecture in first, so that any necessary
> changes to the architecture can be made before too much time/effort is
> spent on this.
>
> The core should have an option to turn on the DIB engine routing, so
> that it can live in the main tree without breaking existing
> applications. Once the core architecture is in place, it will then be
> a matter of filling in the blanks.
>
> From there, the selection logic (which should be fairly small -- a
> registry key check, like the Direct3D fbo setting?) can be removed.
>
> Or am I missing something?
>
> - Reece

No, you aren't missing much :-)
I'm (slowly) going on with dib engine, I choose at first Jesse's one as
starting point because it had a source file structure I liked more.
Now I'm merging Huw's one, it has ROP support, pen and brushes....
Stuffs are going on. I paused the font code for a while, it's very basic
by now but I wanted to see "something" in order to test the speed
difference in autocad.... which is awesome.
The engine still have some bugs that cause it crashing sometimes... I'm
investigating about it before going on.
When I'll get something stable I'll post the code somewhere.
About disabling/enabling the engine, there are 4 choices :
1-by registry
2-by environment variable
3-by ./configure
4-simply removing winedib.dll.so; driver goes thru x11 if it doesn't exist.

Ciao

Max