AppDB rating definitions, was: Re: Canonical and wine

Sparr sparr0 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 18:31:39 CST 2008

I think that Highest Settings is unfair, there are issues with many
games in Windows with settings maxed (Check Oblivion forums, every
problem we have in wine is also had by people in native windows).
Default settings is a far more appropriate measuring stick.

I also think there needs to be a reviewer meta-review system, similar
to slashdot's karma system.  There are a few reviewers consistently
rating 1 or 2 steps above what they should.  "Rating: Gold.  What
doesn't work: Sound.  What wasn't tested: Multiplayer."  WTF?