wineps: clipping bug; clipping performance

Wolfgang Walter wine at
Tue Dec 16 04:42:55 CST 2008

as I wrote clipping in wineps.drv has a bug. Wine does only consider the
clipping region and not the meta region. It should combine them. This is a
bug which hurts us with a real windows application.

I sent a patch which which corrects this.

My patch also addressed a general performance problem with all postscript
printers from Kyocera concerning non trivial clipping regions. Even if you
use ghostscripts pxlmono/pxlcolor driver the generated PCL XL code may lead
to errors on our Kyocera and HP printers because the clipping path gets to

I have not received any comment yet.

Wolfgang Walter
Studentenwerk München
Anstalt des öffentlichen Rechts