fixing all the not-properly-displaying characters that have suddenly appeared in the appdb

Rosanne DiMesio dimesio at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 16 13:52:04 CST 2008

Since the change to the new design, AppDB entries have been displaying either a ? (Firefox, Konqueror, Opera) or a blank rectangle (IE in Windows) in place of a variety of special characters, including anything with an umlaut (bug 16514). I've played around with it a bit, and the entries can be fixed by manually editing them, but before I undertake the task, I figured I'd better ask if this is something that could be fixed more easily (e.g., changing a setting on the server).

--
Rosanne DiMesio <dimesio at earthlink.net>