server: implement move/rename change notifications and support for multiple change notification in one reply

Dan Kegel dank at
Tue Dec 16 19:58:57 CST 2008

On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 5:40 PM, Michael Pujos
<pujos.michael at> wrote:
> The protocol is slightly changed between read_changes_apc() in ntdll and the
> server
> to support return of multiple FILE_NOTIFY_INFORMATION structs at a time.
> This is transparent to win32 programs (is that what you are calling client ?
> 'm still a bit new to wine terminology :)

Yes, any wine app is a client of the wineserver.

> using  this API (ReadDirectoryChangeW) and I took great care to have all the
> tests pass.

Oh, I guess you're right... I keep forgetting that the software on
both ends will get updated at the same time.
This is discussed in
- Dan