user32: set an error in SetParent if parent == hwnd

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at
Fri Dec 19 10:30:28 CST 2008

Please don't top post, this makes reply following awkward.

"Vincent Povirk" <madewokherd+8cd9 at> wrote:

> I would, but I can't run the user32:win tests successfully on a
> windows machine. I've attached a test program to the bug.
> Vincent Povirk
> On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 6:41 AM, Dmitry Timoshkov
> <dmitry at> wrote:
>> "Vincent Povirk" <madewokherd+8cd9 at> wrote:
>>> fixes bug 16566
>> This kind of changes require a test case, adding which is trivial
>> in this case.

There is no need to run the whole set of user32:win tests, isn't it?
All you need is to add an appropriate test to test_parent_owner() and
make sure *that* test passes. A test program attached to the bug costs
nothing in the sense of Wine regression test suite.

If there are problems with the tests - investigate them, and send
the patches to fix them.