ntoskrnl.exe: Add a redirect for IoGetCurrentProcess

Paul Chitescu paulc at voip.null.ro
Sat Dec 20 05:12:53 CST 2008

On Saturday 20 December 2008 07:31:53 Chris Wulff wrote:
> Redirect for IoGetCurrentProcess to kernel32.GetCurrentProcess
>
>   -- Chris Wulff

This is incorrect. Please provide a separate stub for IoGetCurrentProcess as
it returns something else:

"The IoGetCurrentProcess routine returns a pointer to the current process." -
needs to be a valid pointer to some undocumented structure _EPROCESS

"GetCurrentProcess Function Retrieves a pseudo handle for the current
process." - essentially (HANDLE)-1

FYI I use a stub that returns (PEPROCESS)"System" since I traced some
Sysinternals utility comparing the first 6 bytes to that string:

    TRACE(": semi-stub\n");
    return (PEPROCESS)"System"; /* Sysinternals portmon expects this one */

http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-patches/2008-February/049784.html

This patch was not accepted for unknown reason.

Paul Chitescu