Wine integration with native (Gtk, Qt, Cocoa/Carbon) themes

buu700 buu700 at
Sat Dec 20 17:52:38 CST 2008

Roderick Colenbrander wrote:
> This is technically not possible. We can't use native APIs for drawing.

Ah, that sucks. Out of curiosity, why is that? As a non-dev, logically it
seems like Wine, which translates Win32 calls for the kernel and X11, would
be able to do the same for Qt, but then again I know next to nothing about
the internals of Wine. Is it that doing so would require a major redesign,
isn't feasible for whatever reason, or just isn't possible at all?
Sent from the Wine - Devel mailing list archive at