wine-1.2 release criteria?

Rolf Kalbermatter r.kalbermatter at hccnet.nl
Sun Dec 21 08:48:14 CST 2008

Massimo Del Fedele wrote:

> A note : my DIB engine now includes both Jesse Allen's and
> Huw Davies ones, merged to take the best of both.
> BTW, i'll finish it following this way, but I still think the
> best way would be to include it in wineX11.drv. Using the
> mixed driver approach, with different function pointers and
> physical devices depending on bitmap content is, imho, an
> ugly way to solve the problem.....

It may be ugly in some ways but incorporating it in wineX11.drv has the big
disadvantage
that it would not be easy to leverage it off to other possible display
drivers such as the
quartz driver. Windows 2K/XP does appear to do it mostly in the Eng... GDI
functions
which would have been another possibility.
Vista changed the entire GDI/display driver business seriously again and I
have no idea
how it does work there.

Rolf Kalbermatter