Windows version autodetection

Reece Dunn msclrhd at googlemail.com
Sun Dec 21 15:28:09 CST 2008

2008/12/21 Scott Ritchie <scott at open-vote.org>:
> Reece Dunn wrote:
>> Sure. But what if an application was shipped after Vista or Windows
>> Server 2008, but only worked on XP and earlier. Your detection would
>> not work here.
>
> In that case the user is no worse off - they'd still need to look up
> AppDB and change their settings with winecfg.

I was intending to have some programming logic to download the data
from AppDB and apply this to winecfg/the registry. That way the user
does not have to look it up, it becomes something that is updated as
part of the install process.

For the case where there isn't any AppDB data, the default version of
Windows is reported as is done at the moment.

- Reece