Linking to a Mac OS X build of Wine from winehq.org/download ?

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Mon Dec 22 08:23:29 CST 2008

On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 9:22 PM, Zach Drayer <zach at drayer.name> wrote:

> I'd have no problems switching over to just using Wine instead of Darwine.
> Also, maybe Jim White or someone else that actually developed Darwine could
> comment? All I do is package it.. and even the, I haven't really had time to
> do so recently. FWIW, I'm building 1.1.11 right now though.

I asked Jim White (who's an old friend of mine from early LAJUG days)
whether I was right to assume that Darwine referred to the
original powerpc project with an x86 emulator hooked up to it,
and whether Wine for Mac OS X x86 should just be called Wine,
and he said:
> Yes, of course.  Darwine is quite quiescent, but I think it did
> some real good in getting the Wine port to Mac started...

BTW, Zach, do you apply any patches as you package it?
- Dan