Linking to a Mac OS X build of Wine from winehq.org/download ?

Austin English austinenglish at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 09:25:24 CST 2008

On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 9:50 AM, Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com> wrote:
> Say, http://www.kronenberg.org/darwine/ seems to be a popular source
> of nearly up to date wine builds for the mac.  How about we link to it
> from http://winehq.org/download/ ?
>
> Furthermore, are his packages good enough to support?
> If so, how 'bout we ask him to add links to bugzilla  and
> the appdb from his page?

It currently has a few 'OS X-isms'. The patch that causes 100% cpu
usage on SSL sites in IE6 is reverted, as well as a few x11 hacks. The
other main problem is fonts.

I think we need to fix the X11 hacks needed before doing considering
it 'official' wine. We don't want a flood of bug reports for that
problem.

--
-Austin