Combining Fuse and Wine - What's the best way?

Richard Stitz richardstitz at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 21:02:12 CST 2008

I'm writing a program in which I have a Windows DLL that I need to load.
The DLL contains a function that returns a pointer to some data, and I want
to expose that data as file data in a Fuse file system.  My first thought
was that I could have the program load the DLL using winelib, but I'm not
sure what's involved in this and whether the resulting program could also
use the Fuse libraries.  I'm a bit of a novice to Wine, and Linux
programming in general, so I'd appreciate any expert opinions you guys have
about the best way to do this.

Thanks in advance,
Richard