Are OpenBSD bugs worth filing?

Kai Blin kai.blin at gmail.com
Sat Dec 27 03:35:38 CST 2008

On Friday 26 December 2008 21:16:58 David Gerard wrote:
> Some of us on wine-users are trying to get Wine to install on OpenBSD.
> First, of course, we need to get it to compile on OpenBSD ...
>
> Are bugs on this platform considered valid reportable bugs? I couldn't
> find any OpenBSD bugs on a quick search in Bugzilla.

They are considered valid bugs, but be prepared to go through a lot of
iterations if developers aren't able to test on their own machines. (At least
I don't have a spare just for toying with OpenBSD) Basically, the best way to
get a new, uncommon POSIX OS supported in Wine is to get somebody familiar
with (programming on) the OS to work on Wine, or at least closely with the
Wine developers. That's how FreeBSD was fixed to better support Wine's needs
some time ago. This required a couple of patches to the FreeBSD kernel, IIRC,
so if the OpenBSD kernel lacks a feature Wine needs, you might have to spend
time talking to the OpenBSD team to get features added.

Cheers,
Kai

--
Kai Blin