Implementing dxdiag as student project?

Detlef Riekenberg wine.dev at web.de
Sun Dec 28 09:34:12 CST 2008

On Sa, 2008-12-27 at 23:20 -0800, Dan Kegel wrote:
> Hi folks,
> it seems odd to me that Wine doesn't have a tool like
> dxdiag yet.   We often have people complain that
> graphics aren't working, and we have to ask them
> to do things like run glxgears as diagnostics.
> Would it make sense to implement our own
> dxdiag.exe program?

I think, that's a good Idea.
When you ask a question in a Game related forum, you get most times a
request
for the logs of msinfo.exe and dxdiag.exe

And in addition to the DX7, DX8 and DX9 rendering tests, we could add
- OpenGL rendering test
- GDI32 rendering test
- DX10 rendering test
- the framerate for all rendering tests